Recently, a 17 year old teen girl went viral on the internet after she shared on Facebook her secret daily skin care routine which helped to clear her severe acne scars. Surprisingly, the products she shared are very affordable and easy to find online or from the drugstore. If you are searching for ways on how to get rid of acne scars, continue reading as what Karina shared might be the solution you are looking for.
Karina, 17, shared her skincare regimen that cleared her pimples.
So, what did she do and what are the products she used?
1. The first step is cleansing. She cleanses her face using Thayer’s Rose Petal Witch Hazel and a cotton ball. Put a few drops of this product on the cotton ball and dab the whole face. Witch hazel is well known for its ability to ease inflammation and soothe sensitive skin. It is said to fix everything from acne to oily skin, puffy eyes, and sunburn.
2. Next, Karina washes her face using Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Soap Liquid (Hemp 18-in-1) Peppermint with a facial brush. She applies this soap every other day, alternately with Dove Soap to avoid her skin from dry out.
Castile Soap is a plant based soap made from vegetable oil such as olive, coconut, palm, or any other plant based oil rather than from animal fat . Although these oils are known as high comedogenic oils, Dr Bronner’s Pure Castile Soap, which uses coconut oil in its process, is safe for acne and oily skin as the coconut oil in the soap is “saponified.” That means it is no longer an oil as it has been turned into a soap molecule by combining it with potassium hydroxide (potash). This soap also contains peppermint which will help to cool and sooth your skin. Peppermint has antiseptic and antibacterial properties which may help to threat pimples.
3. After cleansing, Karina re-applies the witch hazel with a cotton ball .
4. Next she applies an oil-free moisturizer for combination skin from Neutrogena. This moisturizer is oil-free, hypoallergenic, fragrance-free and most importantly it is non-comedogenic which won’t clog pores, thus this moisturizer is suitable for acne prone skin.
5. Finally for the last step, she cuts up a piece of a fresh aloe vera leaf and applies the gel directly to her face. She sleeps with aloe vera on her face and wash it in the morning and apply sunscreen . Aloe Vera has some amazing benefits for skin, one of them is it can help to improve the appearance of the skin, especially in the treatment of spots, marks and scars. The saponin in aloe vera avoids the acnes to become infected, especially in the case of hypertrophic or keloid scars.
It is great if you have aloe vera plant at home, but if you don’t have it, there are lots of aloe vera gel products you can find from the drugstore or online stores. Just make sure they are organic, non-GMO and free from harsh chemicals. Below are among aloe vera products that fit the conditions and have plenty of good reviews.
Karina said, besides the topical skincare routines, she also avoids taking dairy products and junk food makes sure she drinks sufficient amount of water everyday.
All the products Karina uses to threat her acne scars are good for sensitive and acne prone skin. Now we know that we don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars to get rid of acne scars. Those products can be easily found at Target or Amazon.com for $40.
However, one solution usually does not fit for all. You must understand what causes your acne and also get to know your skin type. For sure, you must avoid some food that may cause the pimples especially sugary food, dairy products, junk food and high gluten food such as white flour.
If irritation occurs or your face condition worsen after you try any products, stop applying them as soon as possible as they might not fit your skin type.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you clicked the link and purchase the product, I will earn a small commission. I spent my precious time to do some research about topics that may help readers to solve their problems. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. If you do make a purchase through my affiliate link, I want to thank you for supporting this blog!